- "Friday prayer" must be prayed in Jama’ah (congregation).
- There must be at least 5 (better 7) persons including the Imam.
- According to some Shiite law Only one Friday prayer may be prayed in a radius of 3 miles 720 yards. If two prayers are held within this distance, the later will be null and void.
- There must be two sermons delivered by the Imam before the prayer and attentively listened to by at least 4 (or 6) persons".
- According to the majority of Shiite and Sunni doctrine, the contents of Friday sermon(Khutbah) must contain the following: "
- The praise and glorification of Allah.
- Invocation of blessings on Muhammad and his Progeny
- Enjoining the participants Taqwa,admonition and exhorations.
- Reciting short surah from Quran
- Also, in addition to the aboved said issues, the followings were advice to be address in the second sermon :
- What will be useful for all Muslims in this world and hereafter.
- The important events allover the world in-favor or dis-favor of Muslims.
- special attention should be paid to issues in the Muslim world.
- Political and economical aspect of the society and worldwide." "